Author Topic: First year new model  (Read 2430 times)

Offline Crime Boss

• LS3
  • Original Founding Member Support Authenticity
    • Syndicate store
First year new model
« on: October 17, 2013, 07:51:30 AM »
Spent some time last night over at CF reading the C7 section.
Reading that is what makes me think a first year model is not worth all of the headaches..
Everything from gas gauge problems to bolts coming out of the rearend.
Panels that do not align, A/C units stop working, Stereostops, display constantly flashing, roofs creaking, cars dog tracking, and a whole list of other fun things that these poor people have to deal with.
Hope Chevrolet gets them straightened out right away and does not embarass the Corvette Name any more than it already has.  _@
   Katech street attack, LS9x, APR Carbon Fiber, Strauss Carbon fiber 20's, LG Coils and Bars, Just a lil better than chevrolet made it.

Offline C5S LS1

• LS3
Re: First year new model
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 08:43:23 AM »
 fgh upsetting news! Hopefully they get a handle on all these problems.

Offline tunaman

• LS3
  • Injection is nice but I'd rather be blown!
    • Tunaman.org
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 09:28:13 AM »
Glad that I have the wisdom of age, and didn't try to get in that line! I remember reading several posts poo poo'ing the early issues concept and stated how it no longer applies in this day and age  cr

You don't know the half of it if you haven't been watching frequently... A whole lot of early production issues, and GM even mysteriously quarantined at least a thousand customer cars at a location in Nashville about a week into production for additional QC and part constraints, and those customers were NOT HAPPY about it at all.

That being said, there are many very happy new C7 owners out there also, and the favorable reports keep coming in validating that it is as awesome as the early reports claimed.

Nothing special... Just a stocker (3 :anime

Offline dbassd

• LS3
  • NOMAD SYNNER
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 08:11:44 PM »
You guys are spot on. I don't care if it's a Vette or a truck or even just a new engine; I have never rushed out to be first in line just for all the reasons Scott listed.

Offline ZRWON

• LS3
  • Friends don't let friends drive Fords
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 08:17:43 PM »
Chevy will have all this bull$hit worked out when the ZO6/ZR1 are released  *$
2013 ZR1 bone stock, 96' Impala SS, 69' Camaro

Offline tunaman

• LS3
  • Injection is nice but I'd rather be blown!
    • Tunaman.org
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 09:39:20 PM »
And they'll likely then go through some of the growing pains on those models... Well, maybe not for he ZR1 if the do it, but for sure the first batches coming off the line for every new release are going to have a certain level of issues to deal with.

It's the nature of the beast.

Nothing special... Just a stocker (3 :anime

Offline Exotica

• LS3
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 11:43:30 PM »
Saw the C7 in person today.  Probably the same one Kim saw the other day that I wrote about.  It was headed right into Discovery Bay from Vasco Rd.

Still not completely sold on the rear end look, but the rest of the car does look pretty slick.

C5 Z06 with LS7 427 custom designed by Synergy Motorsports - AFR Heads, FAST 90 intake, long tube headers, custom Synergy cam and custom Synergy exhaust...535 RWHP, 519 Torque

Offline Crime Boss

• LS3
  • Original Founding Member Support Authenticity
    • Syndicate store
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2013, 09:19:28 AM »
I agree Tom the rest of the car has some nice things about it and yes I could work around some of the areas and massage that ugly out of it...

Just a scary thought that these companies build a new model and can't tighten down a rear axle in the car... (pretty sure a few other cars made in this world have rear axles)
Not trying to put the bad work on the C7 but cars in general all have these issues when they change the line and add a new piece of trim. It's like they have to re-train the monkeys on how to assemble this one because the emblem is different.. Probably 20 engineers thinking of a new way to put a screw in....  All they need is a monkey and a screwdriver but that would be too easy.  Let's spend a quarter mill devising a new widget to turn the screw 3 revolutions...LOL
   Katech street attack, LS9x, APR Carbon Fiber, Strauss Carbon fiber 20's, LG Coils and Bars, Just a lil better than chevrolet made it.