Author Topic: How come it always happens?  (Read 738 times)

Offline theredone

• LS1
  • I don't always drive a Corvette, but when I do...
How come it always happens?
« on: February 12, 2013, 04:04:49 AM »
When you actually drive a fast car, no one ever wants to give it a shot?

I swear, my gf's SVT Focus attracts more of that sort of attention than anything else I've driven. Honestly, my Corvette has never enticed any challengers, nor has my my mom's GT500 when I drive it.

The last time I did any killing, it was in gf's SVT Focus when I destroyed some ricer Integra. Before that, I got raped by a Grand National on 101 in my Merkur, and even before that, I ruined a 328i with my old SVT Contour out in Idaho.

I don't always drive a Corvette, but when I do...

Offline Crime Boss

• LS3
  • Original Founding Member Support Authenticity
    • Syndicate store
Re: How come it always happens?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 08:06:15 AM »
 ?( So true... It seems you drive around in the wrong vehicle at the wrong time or something... That is what makes the once in a blue moon kill so satisfying..  y12
   Katech street attack, LS9x, APR Carbon Fiber, Strauss Carbon fiber 20's, LG Coils and Bars, Just a lil better than chevrolet made it.

Offline Exotica

• LS3
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:41:18 PM »
Maybe because most of the people that want to race don't have all that much themselves and know better than to try and race a car they are likely to lose to.  So they pick on the lesser cars to make themselves feel good with their own kill....often times to end up running into a sleeper that gets the best of them anyway!  lol
C5 Z06 with LS7 427 custom designed by Synergy Motorsports - AFR Heads, FAST 90 intake, long tube headers, custom Synergy cam and custom Synergy exhaust...535 RWHP, 519 Torque

Offline Crime Boss

• LS3
  • Original Founding Member Support Authenticity
    • Syndicate store
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 11:48:56 PM »
Agreed Tom....
   Katech street attack, LS9x, APR Carbon Fiber, Strauss Carbon fiber 20's, LG Coils and Bars, Just a lil better than chevrolet made it.

Offline tunaman

• LS3
  • Injection is nice but I'd rather be blown!
    • Tunaman.org
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 09:21:35 AM »
I get idiots trying to entice me into a speed contest quite a lot, but usually try not to get baited in since they aren't usually driving something worthy, and I don't want to get written up for something stupid.

It is usually with the wife in the passenger seat when something more interesting comes along, and she hates hard accelleration so that helps curtail the urge.  /*

Roger

Nothing special... Just a stocker (3 :anime