Author Topic: TPS MOTOR SPORTS  (Read 1075 times)

Offline 1KUIKC7

• LS1
  • Z51 2LT
TPS MOTOR SPORTS
« on: January 10, 2013, 09:21:53 PM »
I have a very clean 07 Z51 Corvette and it was making some noise in the front suspension.I have a chevy Dealer not to far from my house so I took it to them to check it out.After a day and they had to keep it over night. The next morning they told me I needed a front spring and bushings now these thing's are composit and very expensive!! They told me it would cost 1200.00 on top of the 600.00 I already paid.needless to say I said I don't think so.I called Mike at TPS and asked him if he had one and he said he had a used one and could do the job for 500.00. When I got there they went right to work and come to find out it was not the spring or the bushings just a simple adjusting bolt needed to be replaced, they had one and put it on for a 100.00 bucks!!! Mike saved me a Ton of money and time. Thank's to Mike and his Crew the Dealer didn't Rip me off!!! Thanks Guy's!!!!
 YCV  wav *$

Z51 2LT MSR,Dual Exhaust Mode.

Offline FRChilln

• LS3
  • "I've never seen such a bunch of apple-eaters."
Re: TPS MOTOR SPORTS
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 12:13:25 AM »
Glad to hear it all worked out for you. More to spend on mods *$
Bitten but I'll be back with The Anti-Venom...

Offline C5S LS1

• LS3
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 08:47:09 AM »
Nice!!

So you going back to that dealer again any time soon?  #<

Offline Crime Boss

• LS3
  • Original Founding Member Support Authenticity
    • Syndicate store
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2013, 11:56:44 AM »
Not to kick anyone but post up the dealer so others can stay away
   Katech street attack, LS9x, APR Carbon Fiber, Strauss Carbon fiber 20's, LG Coils and Bars, Just a lil better than chevrolet made it.

Offline DUMAN

• LS3
  • Life is what you make it!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2013, 11:23:31 PM »
Concord Chevrolet!
where are you located? Abel is the best! BTW i have a set of 08 Zo6 sprinfs and a set of 07 Z51 springs if you want to change them.

ZR1 CF, Diffuser, exhaust, AR headers w/CATS, Torquer 110 cam pack, Fast 102 & NW 102 tb, Synergy tune, LG GT2 coil overs & sways, Carrvaggio Dayton seats, DSVettes interior and 19/20 HRE

Offline 1sickC5

• LS2
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 10:26:12 AM »
Glad TPS could fix something instead of grenading another motor  :&

Offline DUMAN

• LS3
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 10:38:24 AM »
Glad TPS could fix something instead of grenading another motor  :&
what ever could you be speaking of? cr

ZR1 CF, Diffuser, exhaust, AR headers w/CATS, Torquer 110 cam pack, Fast 102 & NW 102 tb, Synergy tune, LG GT2 coil overs & sways, Carrvaggio Dayton seats, DSVettes interior and 19/20 HRE

Offline Crime Boss

• LS3
    • Syndicate store
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 11:33:20 AM »
Guys we are glad to have TPS here on the site as they have obviously changed a few things at the shop for the better..
Glad to hear everything has worked out for the best with your car and continued good fortune in the future  *$ *$
   Katech street attack, LS9x, APR Carbon Fiber, Strauss Carbon fiber 20's, LG Coils and Bars, Just a lil better than chevrolet made it.

Offline ptroxx

• LS7
    • https://www.facebook.com/CorvetteSyndicate/
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 11:44:10 AM »
FRCMike just went there to have a tune done and he said he was very pleased with the job they did... I heard they have a killer tuner now...
2010 A6 GS AW-Synergy LS3 Smog Cam Package . Full Z06 Exhaust, Vmax Ported Throttle Body, Halltech CAI with Synergy tune 420hp.LG GT2 Coilovers
19/20 black cup wheels
TOTALED-C6 MR 06 A6-Halltech CAI,Vmax ported TB, Synergy tune Complete Z06 exhaust w/muffler mod&mild to wild setup.Z06 sway bars. Alpine Nav head unit w/JL Audio speakers JL Audio Amp,tinted windows,custom pin stripping
1977 C3 ZZ

Offline Crime Boss

• LS3
    • Syndicate store
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2013, 11:47:47 AM »
Yes I hear they are doing some nice tunes and have brought in some high quality techs in the past year...Good for Mike he really needed that  *$ *$

Offline DUMAN

• LS3
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2013, 11:57:43 AM »
 ?(
Yes I hear they are doing some nice tunes and have brought in some high quality techs in the past year...Good for Mike he really needed that  *$ *$

Offline TPSMak

• LS1
    • www.TPSMotorsports.com
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 12:56:00 PM »
Thanks for the props every one.  We've made some major changes in staff that is working out very well for us.  Our new LS tuner used to work for Stillen Motorsports and did the majority of the tuning for all their Nissan and GM vehicles.

As far as us grenading motors.. that's definitely false.  I would GLADLY openly reply to any comments about that.  There is always 2 sides of every story.  If there was any problems we have always take care of the customers.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 12:57:52 PM by TPSMak »

TPSMotorsports.com
Mike Mak
180 E. Sunnyoaks Bldg #3, Campbell, CA 95008
Phone #: 408/898-4632
Email #: MikeM@TPSMotorsports.com

Offline FRChilln

• LS3
  • "I've never seen such a bunch of apple-eaters."
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 01:03:07 PM »
Thanks for the props every one.  We've made some major changes in staff that is working out very well for us.  Our new LS tuner used to work for Stillen Motorsports and did the majority of the tuning for all their Nissan and GM vehicles.

As far as us grenading motors.. that's definitely false.  I would GLADLY openly reply to any comments about that.  There is always 2 sides of every story.  If there was any problems we have always take care of the customers.

No problem Mike. Still happy with my tune. My wide band is right where it needs to be on idle and WOT and improved MPG. Hit me up on a price for the PFADT Motor/Tranny mounts so I can start embezzling money out of my checking account.  :&
Bitten but I'll be back with The Anti-Venom...

Offline Crime Boss

• LS3
    • Syndicate store
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 01:05:45 PM »
Agreed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ whenever something has happened in the past be it big or small Mike has always stood behind his work and done anything to correct whether it was their responsibility or not..

And yes there is always two sides to every story.. LOL  I know of even the best shops in the industry that have had problems as well... It's not whether you have a problem or not it's how you stand behind it that matters

Reminds me of a certain Vendor that left me high and dry for a $20,000.00 dollar motor ..... LOL   

On a better note it appears as though TPS has got things headed in the right direction and that is good news for everyone...

Offline DUMAN

• LS3
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 01:13:51 PM »
Agreed ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ whenever something has happened in the past be it big or small Mike has always stood behind his work and done anything to correct whether it was their responsibility or not..

And yes there is always two sides to every story.. LOL  I know of even the best shops in the industry that have had problems as well... It's not whether you have a problem or not it's how you stand behind it that matters

Reminds me of a certain Vendor that left me high and dry for a $20,000.00 dollar motor ..... LOL   

On a better note it appears as though TPS has got things headed in the right direction and that is good news for everyone...

wow 20k? SORRY.

I will say I have in the past heard some not good things but it sounds like things have turned around. 

Offline TPSMak

• LS1
    • www.TPSMotorsports.com
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 01:20:24 PM »
No problem Mike. Still happy with my tune. My wide band is right where it needs to be on idle and WOT and improved MPG. Hit me up on a price for the PFADT Motor/Tranny mounts so I can start embezzling money out of my checking account.  :&

OK.. I'll get that info over to you :)

TPSMotorsports.com
Mike Mak

Offline TPSMak

• LS1
    • www.TPSMotorsports.com
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 01:44:51 PM »

Unfortunately there has been instances where things have happened and we were blamed for it whether it was our fault or not.  Only thing we can do is do the best job that we can and stand behind our work. BUT we cannot control how a customer drives the vehicle afterwards and how much wear and tear the car had before mods were installed.  Just because we work on a car doesn't mean it has a life time warranty on the entire car that TPS is liable for.

TPSMotorsports.com
Mike Mak

Offline Crime Boss

• LS3
    • Syndicate store
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 01:50:54 PM »
Completely understand Mike  *$ *$

Offline TPSMak

• LS1
    • www.TPSMotorsports.com
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 02:33:11 PM »
I will say I have in the past heard some not good things but it sounds like things have turned around.

Like I said there are always 2 sides to every story.  Some people know both sides and they would vouch for our side.  I'm sure we made mistakes which were our fault as we're not perfect but if we're made aware of it we would gladly fix the problems.

TPSMotorsports.com
Mike Mak

Offline DUMAN

• LS3
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 02:37:53 PM »

Like I said there are always 2 sides to every story.  Some people know both sides and they would vouch for our side.  I'm sure we made mistakes which were our fault as we're not perfect but if we're made aware of it we would gladly fix the problems.

chrs  *$

Offline TPSMak

• LS1
    • www.TPSMotorsports.com
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2013, 03:42:53 PM »

chrs  *$

EVERYONE makes mistakes... even the best shops and dealerships makes mistakes... .. it's about how you take care of the customer after it happens
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:24:13 PM by TPSMak »

TPSMotorsports.com
Mike Mak

Offline 1KUIKC7

• LS1
  • Z51 2LT
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 10:50:57 AM »
Mike and his Team have alway's taken care of me and respected me. They do a Great Job. THX..G

Z51 2LT MSR,Dual Exhaust Mode.